Creativity During CoronaVirus Will Help Heal!
Can someone turn coronavirus quarantine into creativity? Thanks to our numerous social media outlets, the answer is yes!
- Exhibit A : The most striking casualty of the CoronaVirus shutdown is the NCAA Tournament. Yet right now, if you go to @college.bball.news on Instagram , they have simulated the entire 2020 tournament! Very cool to watch!
- Exhibit B : The meme world has been an incredible help to coping with coronavirus. Can we agree on that? Yes, this virus is deadly, it’s serious. We are losing 13 LIVES a day in NYC, A DAY! Somehow, some way, in the grimness we have to find a way to get through this. So keep creating the memes, the sarcastic 90s generation of people will appreciate it!
- Exhibit C: Why not make parody songs of this damn pandemic when you are stuck home because of it? That’s what the Holderness Family did . In 20 seconds, the allotted time we are supposed to wash our hands for (I’d say do more), Penn Holderness combined popular songs and made a mash-up to wash our hands with! I’ll post both links below, as he also gained fame re-writing the ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ song at a time where the classic was called out for being politically incorrect during the #MeToo movement. He called it ‘Baby, Just GO Outside’.
- Exhibit D: Incredible dance sequences on Tik Tok have seemingly spiked during this stay-in-place quarantine. Families are bonding over the app and they are showing that we can social distance BUT STILL STICK TOGETHER and have fun!
- Exhibit E: MrNYCSubway and SubwayCreatures continue to keep people entertained on Instagram ! As well as , WhatIsNewYork!
As a post-script on creativity during corona, the way the President lightens up these intense Press Briefings has been intriguing to watch. I encourage you to look at moments in context from any of our politicians, and not be so rigid in a time where we just need to smile.
For me, the creative streak has certainly been enhanced. I find a purpose moreso for my Spreaker podcast during this time, and look to grow and stick to the purpose of being RESOURCEFUL and not SPITEFUL. On Tik Tok, I’m also inspired to stay with the creative gene as I feed off the creative, inspiring, and hilarious videos you can scroll through in a day.
Podcasting , blogging, meme-ing and just great content on any platform will get us through this ! Let YOUR creative streak shine and shine brightly!
While we are stuck in one position, let’s not stew in the position. Let’s find out why God has us in one place like this, and perhaps YOUR creative streak can shine through too. That will turn darkness into light, in a world that needs much more than the neon lights to shine on again!
Stay safe and importantly, stay creative!
@college.bball.news on #Instagram
Just check out my Tik Tok at ALEXGINNYC for creative videos !